Today was a little frustrating. I had thought I got my maturation rates down awhile ago, but when I was checking back on all my rates I discovered that the way I had calculated the maturation rates did not seem correct. I had manually calculated them (w help of matlab) using the info that mice sexually mature in about six weeks (42 days). Hopefully I can fix this soon, even though at the moment I am confused on how to go about doing so.
I also fixed my birth rates (for my linear model) and my seasonal issues after my talk with Heideman. I also keep getting confused on the way to find birth rates for my nonlinear model; my idea was to multiply a reproductive success rate with a meeting rate to give me a "birth rate" but I want to somehow make sure this corresponds with the birth rate info Heideman gave me (4 litters per year, each litter consists of about 4 mice).
I will probably take a break from parameters tomorrow and focus on getting a draft of my lab report done in tech.
So, I've been doing background research for the past week about applying this program. The first topic I'm looking into is optics, and the book I'm reading...