Monday, June 2, 2008

Our second GIS meeting was today, and I learned how to work with vector data (which consists of points, lines, and polygons) and how to we can modify such data to fit our needs. We can put this kind of data on top of maps/images to represent whatever we want. Pretty cool stuff.

I have downloaded Latex and will continue to play with it so I get more comfortable with the language. I have unsuccessfully downloaded matlab, and IT is also currently stooped!

While I did not get to do much modeling today, I got some good ideas on where to take my model. I plan on making my linear model nonlinear and writing out the explicit quadratic terms. I also plan on programming my linear model and just doing a couple of simulations (I will probably change my model from continuous to discrete), and hopefully I will try and do a bifurcation diagram for this model, (although this might not be interesting since I will be doing it for a linear model). My goal is that once I talk to Heideman and understand my parameters more clearly that I can build and a nonlinear model and program that.

No comments: