Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I completed the Routh Hurwitz criteria for my 3x3 matrix a couple of days ago. It was difficult to extrapolate any relevant information from this; this is probably due to the fact that I have quite a number of parameters/the model used was linear/I looked at the stability of the trivial steady state.

I had a meeting with Prof Heideman today which was extremely helpful for the development of my model. Some previous notions have changed, and my model will look different (I will post a new diagram soon). I got a better handle on the meaning and approximate values for many of my parameters; I will also look at some journal articles on Peromyscus to get some more information for my parameters. I plan to continue to meet with Prof Heideman during this summer so that I can make the most representable model.

My plan is to redo my linear model to meet Prof Heideman's expectations and then identify the parameters that need to be changed from a constant to a function dependent on variables such as environment, etc. I plan to start experimenting with matlab shortly.

Lastly, today was our last GIS class; hopefully in the future I will use some of what I have learned in the spatial aspect of my model.

No comments: