Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Linear Model




b = birth rate from Adults

s = birth rate from Juveniles

l = birth rate from Adults and Juveniles

m = maturation rate of Young

k = maturation rate of Juvenile

d = mortality rate of Young

q = mortality rate of Juvenile

r = mortality rate of Adult





After meeting with Prof Heideman I have come up with this linear model. Now Juveniles are all mice babies from birth till weening (approx 3 weeks), Young Adult are mice that are potentially reproductive, and Adults are fully reproductive. This model does not represent NP vs. P or male vs. female.




I am going to modify my equations to show which parameters will possibly become functions dependent on other factors. I am also now most likely going to discretize my model (perhaps examining only two seasons: winter and summer and working up to four seasons).

No comments: